Bats, Bass and Bikes
As a privately owned desert landscape of over 350 acres, Ruby offers a highly specialized, intimate experience for those drawn to its history and mystery. Here's an idea of what you can expect to do once you arrive:
-Tour the ghost town
-Go fishing in Mineral Lake (BASS!)
-Camp on the tailings (mine-speak for sand)
-Stargaze, bring a telescope!
-Watch 150,000 migratory bats emerge to feed
-Make a film
Watch cyclists tour Ruby!
- Go barefoot
- Make a chili chocolate s'more
- Mountain bike
- Paddle board
- Put up a hammock. Test it with a nap.
- Read a copy of Mining, Mayhem and Murder
- Explore the museum
- Paint en plein air
- Check out the cemetery
- $15pp (>13yrs): Group of 20+= $13pp
- Group permit page pre-available for signatures
If you're still antsy after scraping down the Ruby list, here are some highlights nearby to enjoy:
- Coronado National Forest (In our backyard)
- Sycamore Canyon
- Montana Peak
- California Gulch
- Arivaca Lake
- Buenos Aires Wildlife Refuge W of Arivaca
Thurs.- Sun. 9am - dusk
Permit required to enter gate.
Please let us know if you cancel.
Please bring exact cash. (There is no bank.)
THANKSGIVING: NOT OPEN until 4:00 pm